Without the contribution and partnership of the horse there is no equine assisted therapy or learning. Having the right approach and facilitation skills can make or break an equine assisted growth and learning program. Understanding and supporting our horses' nature and needs is crucial to creating a safe and profitable program by reducing liability, medical issues, behavioral problems and high turnover of horses in your program. Join Flying Change in equine skills training to learn how to:
- Understand horses' needs and nature: social systems, communication and behavior.
- Include your therapy horses as full partners in your treatment team.
- Support and advocate your horse's needs in a therapy or learning session.
- Maximize the horse's contribution through expert equine specialist facilitation skills.
- Manage horse care to prevent medical and behavioral problems.
- Reduce therapy horse burnout and turnover in your program.
For upcoming training events, please visit our Calendar.